The Liebster Award is a fantastic way to find new blogs to love and learn about. I have never been nominated for a blog award before so this is such a surprise! I was nominated by the lovely likesof93, thank you so much!
Here are some rules for when you’re nominated:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are the A’s to likesof93’s Q’s:
1. Who is you favourite YouTuber?
This is HARD. I’m currently subscribed to 133 channels which, to some people, isn’t much, but for me it’s LOADS. I can’t narrow it down to one, so here’s a few.
I love Tashapolis, a booktuber and fangirl extraordinaire. She’s a MUST if you love all things books and fandom.
I also really enjoy Savannah Brown for the witty sarcasm. She uploads great videos on inspiration and nostalgia, as well as having that aestheticism that I can’t get enough of. She’s intelligent, and has some great ideas on creativity.
I’m in love with Damon And Jo at the moment, two best friends who have set out to explore the world. Their travel vlogs are hilarious, beautiful and realistic, and make videos in different languages for your learning pleasure!
For humour, I always go straight to jacksfilms. Not only is his comedy en pointe, but it’s relevant. It speaks to a generation who’s had enough of fart jokes and Adam Sandler.
2. Do you read a lot and if you do what is your favourite book?
I DO. Weirdly though, not as much as I’d like to. I tend to read about one book every week and a half, so roughly about four books a month. Again, I just can’t narrow it down to one, but some of my favourites come from Rainbow Rowell, Jandy Nelson, Leigh Bardugo, and V.E. Schwab.
3. What is your favourite clothing shop?
I don’t enjoy clothes shopping. There, I said it. I love buying things like books and candles and food. When it comes to clothes, it’s either because I need more of e.g. bras, or because I’ve seen something specific that I NEED. But I usually find myself in New Look, a British clothing store that’s not as cheap as Primark, but not as pretentious as somewhere like Urban Outfitters or Hollister.
4. Where would you like to travel next?
SO MANY PLACES. I’ve never left the continent (Europe) and so I’d love to see the U.S, or East Asia. Japan looks beautiful.
5. If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?
I don’t know if it counts as a superpower, but I want to be able to speak every language there is. I love other languages and I can speak fluent English, basic French, and VERY basic Spanish. But I’d love to know Russian and Italian and Dutch and Korean and ALL OF THEM.
6. If you had the whole day off tomorrow what would you spend it doing?
Probably reading. Probably writing. Not going to work, that’s for sure.
7. Name 5 artists or bands you HAVE to see live?
(I read this wrong at first and listed bands I have already seen live. Anyway, I would love to see:
- The 1975 (Who I’m seeing this year at Reading Fetival!)
- Troye Sivan
- The Killers
- Twenty One Pilots
- Oasis (THEY’LL GET BACK TOGETHER ONE DAY)
Also, this is six, I know.
8. Being in a LUSH shop – do you hate or love the scent?
I work next door to LUSH, and sometimes the smell can be overwhelming. I like smelling individual items, but when they’re altogether, it’s a bit too much.
9. What is your favourite time of the year?
It used to be Christmas, but since working in retail, not so much anymore. I do love the height of summer though! It’s when I have the most time off and meet up with friends who don’t live near me. It’s also a time for festivals and outdoor reading.
10. If you have a bad day what do you do to make it better?
I like to get into my comfort zone. Bed, hot chocolate, and a book or Netflix to keep me company. I love sitting at my bay window in the dead of night with the window open. It’s so peaceful and time seems to move differently there.
11. What is your biggest dream?
I have so many, but my biggest is to be a bestselling author. To be able to go on book tours with other authors and have people want to meet me and talk about my books would be unbelievable. To see people on the train reading my book.
That, and going to Disneyworld, Florida.
And now, here are my questions:
- What’s your patronus?
- What’s a great go-to comfort book?
- Do you or do you not reread books? Why/Why not?
- What drew you into starting a blog?
- What’s a song that you can’t stop listening to right now?
- Do you use the library? Or are you an all-out book buyer?
- Fave social media platform? Why?
- What book do you NEED to read but haven’t yet?
- Can you read on trains/buses/planes?
- Recommend a Spotify playlist?
- Puppies or Kittens (or BOTH)?
Aaaaand the lovely blogs I’m going to tag and who definitely deserve this award are:
- Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews
- Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction,
- Ashley @ Fictional Living,
- Beth @ Reading Every Night
- Astra @ A Stranger’s Guide To Novels
If any of you have already been nominated then I’m sorry, just means you’re twice as great!